Book online or by phone: 866-676-7079 - give promo code HBC3666 when calling
The closest major airport is Albany International Airport, located in Albany, NY, at a distance of 75 miles from the center of Brooklyn, NY.
Brooklyn has a bus network which covers the entire borough. There is also a daily express bus service which travels into Manhattan, as well as 3 commuter rails stations - East New York station, Nostrand Avenue station, and Atlantic Terminal / Flatbush Avenue, located near the Atlantic Avenue - Pacific Street Station, with 10 connecting subway services.
There are also 18 New York City Subway lines, including the Franklin Avenue Shuttle, which travels the borough, more than 90% of Brooklyn's residents, who travel to Manhattan, using the subway. Brooklyn's major stations include Broadway Junction, Atlantic Avenue - Pacific Street, Jay Street - Borough Hall, DeKalb Avenue and Coney Island - Stillwell Avenue.
Brooklyn is connected to Manhattan by 3 bridges: the Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Williamsburg bridges. There is also a vehicular tunnel, known as the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel, as well as several subway tunnels. The Verrazano-Narrows Bridge links Brooklyn with the more suburban borough of Staten Island.
Much of Brooklyn's area has only named streets. However, Park Slope and western sections south of there have numbered streets (east and west), numbered avenues going approximately north and south.
Easy! Just follow the driving directions listed below!
From Albany International Airport:
- Head northwest on Airport Terminal Road, toward Heritage Dr. and continue onto Airport Access Road.
- Turn left at NY-155 E/Albany Shaker Rd/County Rd 151 and continue to follow NY-155 E. Turn right to merge onto I-87 S.
- Take exit 1W to merge onto I-87 S/I-90 W, toward New York/Buffalo and take exit 23-1 for I-87 S/New York, and then merge onto I-87 S and take exit 15 for NY-17 S/I-287 S, toward New Jersey.
- Merge onto I-287 S. Entering New Jersey and take exit 66 on the left, to merge onto NJ-17 S toward Mahwah. Take the NJ-4 E ramp to Fort Lee/New York.
- Keep left at the fork to continue toward NJ-4 E and merge onto NJ-4 E.
- Take the I-95 N ramp to G W Bridge/New York City and merge onto US-1 N/US-9 N, and then continue onto George Washington Bridge/Interstate 95 Lower Level N/Trans-Manhattan Expy/U.S. 1 Lower Level N.
- Enter NY and take exit 2 on the left to merge onto Harlem River Dr,toward FDR Dr/Manhattan.
- Continue onto F D R Dr and take exit 2 to merge onto Brooklyn Bridge.
- Take the exit toward Adams St., and turn left at Adams St.
- Turn left at Tillary St. and right at Flatbush Avenue Ext.
- Take the 1st left onto Myrtle Ave., and then take the 1st right onto Ashland Pl. Take the 2nd right onto Dekalb Ave. LIU Brooklyn will be on the right.
WE ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING: