Book online or by phone: 866-676-7079 - give promo code HBC3666 when calling
- Grab your family and pay a visit to the Healthworks Kid’s Museum, located on West Jefferson Boulevard, in South Bend, where the little ones can learn about the human body through interactive and interesting displays and showings.
- Visit The Snite Museum of Art, which can be found on Notre Dame’s campus, where you can admire more than 20 000 art works.
- Try out your golfing skills at Warren Golf Course, located at 110 Warren Golf Course.
The Sunburst Races Marathon, Half Marathon and, 10K and 5K, which will happen on June 5, in 2010, is considered to be among the most popular annual sporting events in Notre Dame/South Bend.
The event, will take an estimate number of nearly 2000 enthusiastic runners on a scenic, mostly flat and fast course which will start at the University of Notre Dame campus, in front of the College Football Hall of Fame, on St. Joseph Street, continuing through the city streets of South Bend, taking both full marathoners and half marathoners on the same course, for the 1st 3 miles, before reaching Keller Park, where the participants split off.
The half marathon course winds through the city, rejoining with the full marathoners at Nils Avenue, both of the runs finishing back, at the Notre Dame campus. The race is held entirely on paved surfaces, along city streets and off-road bicycle pathways and it is certified by U.S.A. Track and Field, also being a qualifying race for the Boston Marathon.
Every year, Notre Dame and South Bend celebrate a series of fun and entertaining celebrations, among the most popular being: the Dyngus Day, which is celebrated on the Monday, after Easter, locally known as the celebration which starts the campaign season, Fat Tuesday, the Annual All Day Country Concert, with more than 37 000 free tickets, which usually happens in early September, The South Bend Music Reggae Festival, which draws the world’s premier reggae artists, every summer, benefiting the Pangani Foundation of South Bend (delivers medical supplies to hospitals in Malawi) and The World Pulse Festival, which attracts more than 50 000 enthusiasts, annually.
If you have your car, while staying in Notre Dame or South Bend, you will have from where to choose, when it comes to shopping. Even though, there are no large shopping malls in Notre Dame or South Bend, there are plenty of small specialty shops, which are perfect, if you’re on a budget, during your stay.
If you’re looking for a more `wide` shopping experience, just get behind the wheel and head to any of the nearby cities, where you will find more than enough shopping opportunities that will certainly satisfy your needs.
Among the most popular shopping spots, in or near Notre Dame and South Bend, there are:
- Town and Country Shopping Center, Address: 2400 Miracle Lane, Mishawaka, IN.
- Indian Ridge Shopping Center, Address: 5948 Grape Road, Mishawaka, IN.
- University Park Mall, Address: 6502 Grape Road, Mishawaka, IN.
- Amouri Inc., Address: 3302 Portage Avenue, South Bend, IN.
- JMS Plaza, Address: 4609 Grape Road, Mishawaka, IN.
- Furniture Row Shopping Center, Address: 4005 Grape Road, Mishawaka, IN.
- Wilshire Plaza, Address: Grape Road & Indian Ridge Blvd, Mishawaka, IN.
- Centennial Place, Address: 230 Cleveland Road, Granger, IN.
- Mall Jump, Address: 6501 Grape Road, Mishawaka, IN.
- River Bend Plaza, Address: 225 West Colfax Avenue, Mishawaka, IN.
WE ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING: