There are dozens appealing attractions in the Lakewood area, among the most popular ones being:
- Lakewood Heritage Commission Museum, offering exhibits of Lakewood memorabilia and artifacts.
- Sister Mary Grace Arboretum, named after Sister Mary Grace Burns, who was the chairperson of the biology department and professor of biology from 1927 to 1968.
It comprises the entire campus (approx. 155 acres). In addition to a large number of exotic plant species, the arboretum features a good collection of native plants of the New Jersey Pine Barrens (New Jersey Pinelands).
- Allaire Village, New Jersey's premiere historic site, which can be found in nearby Wall Township, home to the Arthur Brisbane Continuing Education Center, featuring a permanent exhibit dedicated to interpretation the Life and Times of Arthur Brisbane, renowned journalist and publisher and former owner of the Howell Works property.
- Cattus Island County Park, in Toms River, spanning on almost 500 acres and boasting miles of trails, many offering lovely vistas of the adjacent Silver Bay.
Cattus Island is home to the Cooper Environmental Center, where visitors of all ages will enjoy our many displays and collections of snakes and reptiles, as well as numerous programs and presentations run by our professional staff.
The Lakewood Renaissance Faire, happening in September, is, perhaps, the premier annual event in Lakewood.
This fun celebrations gives enthusiasts the opportunity to step back in time, the fair being a journey back to a time of pageantry and chivalry.
During this fabulous celebration, filled with history, visitors can see the many merchants with their wares of yesteryear, taste delicious food, admire the wandering poets, minstrels, and jougglers, and get involved in the many entertaining activities offered for guests of all ageas.
Among the top places to shop in Lakewood, NJ, there are:
- Shoetique: 605 East County Line Road, Lakewood, NJ.
- Westgate Plaza: 82 Hillside Boulevard, Lakewood, NJ.
- Lakewood Shopping Center: 1700 Madison Avenue, Lakewood, NJ.
- Cross Mill Village Shopping Center: 1200 River Avenue, Lakewood, NJ.
- The Chassan's Place: 63 Columbus Avenue, Lakewood, NJ.
- Step In Elegance: 268 Cedar Bridge Avenue, Lakewood, NJ.
- Town & Country Shopping Center: Lakewood Road & Route 70, Lakewood, NJ.
- Lakewood Plaza: U.S. 9, Lakewood, NJ.