Book online or by phone: 866-676-7079 - give promo code HBC3666 when calling
Visit the Mark Twain House & Museum, on Farmington Avenue, a National Historic Landmark which includes a 2000-square-foot gallery filled with rare manuscripts, artifacts, photos, including a wide range of educational programs such as lectures, dramatic performances and family-friendly activities.
Try out your golfing skills at Hartford Golf Club, situated on Norwood Road, a beautiful 27-hole golf course, featuring 3 swimming pools, 9 tennis courts, as well as 4 bowling alleys and 4 squash courts.
Get amazing views of Hartford from above, especially at night, from the observation deck open to the public at Traveler's Tower, which can be found on Tower Square.
See the beautifully restored Christ Church Cathedral, located on Church Street, known as one of the oldest Gothic churches in the nation.
The Annual ING Hartford Marathon, which will be held on October 9, in 2010, is perhaps one of the most popular and expected annual sporting events in Hartford.
This fun event attracts thousands of participants and spectators, as well, every time it takes place, continuously growing in both size and popularity. In 2009, nearly 7 400 runners crossed the finish line, while thousands of spectators cheered their way under the Arch.
The full marathon is accompanied by a half marathon and a 5k run for the less athletic, all of the races starting and finishing at Bushnell Park. Some of the participants use the runs as fundraising events for various charities and causes, helping many non-profit organizations with the funds necessary for research, every year.
In 2006, the marathon was names the most successful fundraising marathon in USA, all proceeds from the event being given to Connecticut Leukemia Society and the Children's Tumor Foundation.
There are dozens of fun and entertaining celebrations which are happening in Hartford, throughout the year, and some of the most favorite and popular ones are listed below. Check it out!
- Levas Gospel Festival and Fair - happening in September, which is offered by Levas - a non-profit art-based multicultural organization, dedicated to improve the lives of Greater Hartford Community's low income individuals.
- Riverfront Dragon Boat and Asian Festival - kept in August - a fun celebration for the entire family.
- University of Hartford's Annual Community Day - hosted at the Hill-Stead Museum, in May.
- Keney Park Family Day Festival - also celebrated in August.
- Taste of Caribbean - also an August celebration, filled with traditional Caribbean food, music, live entertainment and activities for all family members.
Hartford's nightlife scene consists of numerous popular bars and nightclubs - the perfect ingredients to put together a fun, memorable night out with friends. Whether you're into music, dancing or cultural activities, you will find everything you need here, in Hartford, to make your vacation enjoyable. Among the most favorite and popular "nightly" gathering spots in Hartford, there are:
- The Brickyard Cafe, which can be found on Allyn Street, having something for everybody, featuring The Patio, a great open air sidewalk cafe, serving the best frozen cocktails around, The Lounge Bar, which is perfect for sitting down and catching your breath, after dancing all night or playing a long pool game with friends, and the Sports Cafe, on Brickyard's 3rd floor, featuring 27 TVs, a big screen and plenty of sitting spots, where you and your buddies can watch you favorite game.
- The Bourbon Street North, located on Union Place, a popular Hartford nightspot that has been voted Best Friday Happy Hour, featuring pool tables, a spacious dance floor, 2 full bars and live entertainment.
- The Arch Street Tavern, situated on Arch Street, also highly ranked, being voted Best Happy Hour, by Connecticut magazine, offering upscale pub food, live music, TVs, as well as a great patio, where you an your friends can relax and have a drink.
Some of the other popular nightspots in Hartford include: The Coach's Sports Bar & Grille, on Allyn Street, The Trust Bar, on Asylum Street, The Half Door, on Sisson Avenue, City Steam, on Main Street, and On The Rocks, which is located on Union Place, serving customers 7 nights a week, considered to be the best place in Hartford to listen to the latest rock hits.
WE ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING: