Book online or by phone: 866-676-7079 - give promo code HBC3666 when calling
To make a ''what to do and see'' list, before your trip to Wichita, check out the list below, which contains some of the most popular and favorite attractions in the city.
- Exploration Place, a fabulous discovery center dedicated for visitors of all ages, but especially for children, featuring dozens of fun and interesting exhibits about the world that surrounds us, including Grossology: The (Impolite) Science of the Human Body, which contains the answers to many of the slimy, oozy, crusty, stinky questions you always wanted to know about the human body with this hands-on exhibition based on the book GROSSOLOGY by Silvia Branzei.
- Museum of World Treasures, featuring treasures from around the world and through the ages, including exhibits such as Egyptian Mummies, Hall of American Presidents, T. rex Ivan & other real dinosaurs, Extensive Militaria Collection and Early Frontier Exhibit.
- Wichita Art Museum, the largest art museum in the state of Kansas, home to one of the country's finest collections of American art, spanning three centuries of painting, sculpture, works on paper, and decorative arts, including masterpieces by Mary Cassatt, Winslow Homer, Horace Pippin, Edward Hopper, and Charles M. Russell, which are among the most popular from the nearly 7,000 works in the permanent collection.
- Sedgwick County Zoo, considered to be the No. 1 outdoor family attraction in Kansas, home to more than 2,000 individual animals of nearly 400 different species, gathered from all over the world. Here, visitors will hear the intimidating roar of the lions in Africa, see the playful nature of the river otters in North America and the beauty of flight of the amazing birds in Australia and South America.
Julyapalooza — A Read, White and Blue Event, which happens in July, is Wichita's most popular and expected annual event.
During this fabulous celebration, visitors can enjoy watching the array of beautiful antique and vintage cars displayed, including delicious food, lots of fun and an interesting array of genealogical books and materials for sale.
Julyapalooza is a not-to-be missed, bring-the-entire-family event, and the best thing about it is that it's free and open to the public.
Among the top places to shop in Wichita, KS, there are:
- Towne West Square: 4600 W. Kellogg Q-13A, Wichita, KS.
- Sheplers Western Wear: 6501 West Kellogg Avenue, Wichita, KS.
- Bradley Fair Shopping Center: Rock Road at 21st, Wichita, KS.
- Kohl's: 6900 West Kellogg Avenue, Wichita, KS.
- Dillard's: 4600 West Kellogg Avenue, Wichita, KS.
- Little Feet Boutique: 4721 East Douglas Avenue, Wichita, KS.
- Finish Line: 4600 W Kellogg Dr 362, Wichita, KS.
WE ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING: