Book online or by phone: 866-676-7079 - give promo code HBC3666 when calling
Buck Owens Crystal Palace (2800 Buck Owens Boulevard)
- It is dedicated to the life of country music star, Buck Owens.
- Fans can see a large collection of suits, guitars, photographs and albums that belonged to Buck Owens.
- The Crystal Palace country store is open every day, after 11 AM.
Camelot Park Family Entertainment Center (1251 Oak Street)
- Described as being a great place for family group events, birthday parties or just to spend a fun afternoon with the kids.
- The amusement park includes miniature golf, arcades, batting cages and go-carts.
- There are different admission fees for every attraction, starting from $2 (20 pitches at the batting cages).
Jastro Park (downtown Bakersfield)
- Including 7 tennis courts, basketball and volleyball.
- A play area has been arranged for children.
- A spay park is available during summer, considered to be a great way to cool off on a hot summer day.
- Picnic areas are also provided.
The Ford Mammoth Motocross is an annual summer event, held at Mammoth Mountain, 260 miles from Bakersfield (4 and a half hours drive). It's considered to be the longest running Motocross in the States. Race spectator fees are as follows: $20 for adults and $ for children under 11 years. On practice days, adults will pay only $5 to watch the professional riders in action and there are no admission fees for children.
The Freedom Mile takes place in Mammoth Lakes, 160 miles from Bakersfield, just before the happening of the 4th of July Parade. The 1-mile race is promoting health and more people are participating every year. All runners must go through registration, starting at 8 am. The race starts at 10 am on Minaret Road.
Bakersfield Jazz Festival: It is held every year, in May, at the California State University campus. Local musicians are entertaining visitors, as well as artists from across the state, such as Bob Mintzer Big Band, Kyle Eastwood and CSUB Jazz singers.
Annual Mammoth Bluesapalooza&Festival of Beer: This annual outdoor festival is held in Mammoth Lakes, on Minaret Road, featuring blues music, concerts and beer tasting. It's a popular event, attracting large crowds. To participate at this event, people must purchase tickets that will cost anywhere from $25 to $99. All tickets were sold at the last year festival - amateurs are advised to get their tickets months before the event happens.
Mammoth Festival of Wine, Music & Food: Held in august, this popular annual event is a celebration of wine and live music, featuring Steven Ybarra, Jonathan Kingham and Lao Tizer. For the wine tasting, more than 30 vintners come to present their finest bottles of wine.
There are various nightspots in Bakersfield, including bars, pubs, dancing clubs and restaurants.
Below, there are a few popular places where you can enjoy a fun night out. Check it out!
>> Buck Owens Crystal Palace on 2800 Buck Owens Blvd - serving dinner, providing live music, wide list of beverages.
>> Indian Delhi Palace on 5123 Ming Ave - Indian bar, offering spicy, delicious dishes, as well as vegetarian cooking.
>> Guthrie's Alley Cat on 1525 Wall St - 1525 Wall St - Customers say that it's a great place for grabbing a quick drink.
>> Vip Lounge on 5460 California Ave - Serving affordable beverages. Best night: Saturday. Considered to be one of the best bars in Bakersfield.
>> Cafe Med on 8909 Stockdale Hwy - Great wine list, delicious food. Highly ranked by numerous previous customers.
WE ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING: