Save Money and Time - Book With Us !
Book online or by phone: 866-676-7079 - give promo code HBC3666 when calling
Save Money and Time - Book With Us !
0.54 mi / 0.87 km from university
1.25 mi / 2.01 km from university
Welcome to University Hotel Network, your online source to find hotels around ASU Montgomery. We provide a wide range of services including hotel reservations, car rentals, and other travel tools for your trip to Alabama State University.
Either you travel for business or pleasure, why not check our discounted hotel rates to see if there is some particular accommodation to suit your requirements. Please see also our local ASU Hotel map to find the nearest hotels to your destination. Our system will ensure you an easy and secure online booking service, which will provide you with the best hotel rates and discounted fares.
Address: 915 S Jackson St, Montgomery, AL 36104
Phone: (334) 229-4100
Football stadium: The New ASU Stadium
Mascot: Alabama State University Hornets
Colors: Black, Old gold, Gold
Alabama State University was founded in 1867, and it is a historical black university. It was first founded as the Lincoln Normal School, by nine former enslaved African-Americans, including David Harris and Alexander H. Curtis, Joey P. Pinch, Nicholas Dale, Thomas Speed and James Childs. After having its name changed several times over the years, the current name was settled in 1969, by the State Board of Education.
Today, Alabama State University has more than 5000 students, from 40 states and six different countries and has 8 degree granting colleges: Division of Aerospace Studies, College of Business Administration, College of Health Sciences, College of Education, College of Science, Mathematics & Technology, College of Visual & Performing Arts and Continuing Education. The university is also offering 47 degree programs including 11 master's degree and 31 bachelor's degrees. The 172-acre campus contains many sports facilities, therapeutic labs, the 80,000 square feet John L. Buskey Health Sciences Center and many other facilities that are helping the students to achieve a quality, higher education. There are more than 70 student organizations, including nine Greek organizations in which students can participate. The Alabama State University is known for its athletic activities, as well as for many other recreational student activities, including social, cultural and religious programs.
- Montgomery was founded in 1819 and the first settlers who came here were leaded by General John Scott. In the year 1822, the city became the county seat and in 1846 it was named state capital, gaining influence over state politics. Over the years Montgomery grew into a progressive and prosperous state capital, housing over 200,000 inhabitants (census in 2008).
- Population: City of Montgomery: 20l,998; Metropolitan Area: 36l,748
- Transportation: Montgomery Regional Airport is located l5 minutes from downtown on U.S. Hwy. 80 W.
- Alcoholic Beverage Laws: Alabama law prohibits anyone younger than 2l years of age from purchasing or consuming alcoholic beverages. The city of Montgomery allows draft beer sales along with Sunday liquor sales.
- Weather: Montgomery has a humid, subtropical climate, with hot summers and cold winters. The temperatures tend to be as high as 80°F, during summer, more exactly, in July. The winter is cold and brings temperatures as low as 45&F and even lower temperatures when the night falls.Cool, comfortable clothing is appropriate throughout the Spring and Summer. Sweaters and jackets are worn from late November through March. The best time to visit Montgomery is in July, when the weather is worm and the sky is clear.
1124 Eastern Boulevard,Montgomery,AL
300 Tallapoosa Street,Montgomery,AL
5047 Towneplace Drive,Montgomery,AL
5836 Monticello Drive,Montgomery,AL
7760 Slade Plaza Boulevard,Hope Hull,AL
Customers are Rating
University Hotel Network
WE ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING: